[GUEST POST] HAIM: The Wire
It’s a time of celebration for girl group HAIM as it has just been announced that they have just finished recording their debut album much to the relief of all their dedicated fans who have been patiently waiting for the time to come. Sisters Este, Danielle and Alana have already been working hard throughout the year touring as well as planning more upcoming tour dates.
However, don’t think for a moment that they have forgotten about their eagerly awaiting fanbase as they have just unveiled their brand new video for their single, ‘The Wire.’ The single from their forthcoming album 'Days Are Gone' is set to be released on September 23rd which is available to listen to right now.
So, to celebrate the release let’s just remind ourselves why we fell in love with the Californian sister act in the first place:
- The have dominated my Spring/Summer playlist and I have no doubt that they’ll be on repeat all year round.
- They sing, they play guitar, they play drums and they write their own songs which straight away screams ‘talented’ as well as gaining a whole lot of respect.
- Their current singles ‘Forever’, ‘Don’t Save Me’ and ‘Falling’ have paved the way for combining and re-introducing sounds from the 70s, 80s and 90s.
- They have already worked with Blondie producer Mike Chapman on their album - not a bad start.
- They are amazing live. I was fortunate enough to catch them at London’s KOKO in May where they played to a packed venue of instantly devoted fans.
- They’re young (late teens and early twenties), passionate and blessed with dance moves reminiscent of Destiny’s Child.
I’ll certainly be looking forward to the album review. Stay tuned.
[with big thanks to our beloved London friend Alex Woods for writing this post for us! We miss you baby girl!] x